AQ Cutting Mat Required: 255138
How to Die Cut 4-Color Arkansas Traveler Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one 4-color, 12” block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut one 7 3/4” x 5 3/4” rectangle and place over shape A and cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut one 7 3/4” x 5 3/4” rectangle and place over shape A and cut.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut two 7 3/4” x 5 3/4” rectangles and place over shape A and cut.
- Fabric Color 4: Cut four 6” x 3 7/8” rectangles and place over shape B/BR and cut. Cut four 7” x 4 1/4” rectangles and place over shape C and cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Arkansas Traveler Die:
- No Templates! No special rulers! Arkansas Traveler includes 3 shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Arkansas Traveler features specialized dog-ears, matching notches on curved seams and 1/4” seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Arkansas Traveler includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy. Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.