Singer Curvy 8763 Sewing Machine
Singer has created a new method of threading the machine and bobbin. This is the first major threading change since the invention of the sewing machine. Digital technology is combined with a one-touch needle threader to make it easy and simple. You can spend less time threading and more time exploring your creativity. Concentrate on projects ranging from basic utility to fashion sewing, crafts to home decor!
The new SwiftSmart Threading System is a revolutionary way to thread a sewing machine.
The Old Way
- Thread the spool
- Guide the thread down along the groove
- U-turn the thread and pull it up again
- Thread the take-up
- Pull it down again
- Thread the eye of the needle
The New SwiftSmart Way
- Guide the thread from the spool to the needle using the groove at the front of the machine
- Use the one-touch needle threading feature
The Drop And Sew Bobbin System has a specially designed track and new needle plate. No longer is it necessary to manually raise the bobbin thread.
The new "curvy" shape with contemporary colors includes three StayBright LED lights. You'll have unmatched lighting of the sewing area. Push button stitch selection makes it easy to select the desired stitch. No need to turn a dial! The auto tension features ensures stable stitch quality for every type of fabric.
- Exclusive SwiftSmart Threading System
- Digital technology makes threading a cinch! Just is guide the thread from the spool to the needle area through a single groove. Then the needle is automatically threaded by simply pressing the Threader Lever, located at the side of the machine. That's truly one-touch threading!
- Exclusive Drop & Sew Bobbin System
- Simply drop in the bobbin, then pull the thread through the specially designed needle plate and track. There's no longer any need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing. It's that easy!
- 3 StayBright LED Lights
- Not just 1, but 3 lamps brighten the sewing surface for best viewing. The long-lasting bulbs are rated to last 100,000 hours. They stay cool, regardless of how long the machine is operated.
- Push-Button Stitch Selection
- Press a button and you have chosen the stitch and best settings for length, width, balance, pressure and tension.
- 30 Stitch Patterns, Including 2 Styles of Buttonhole
- You'll have a large variety of stitches. Great for construction, fashion sewing, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home decor and decorative sewing. You'll always have the perfect stitch for every project.
- One-Step, Automatic, Precisely-Balanced Built-In Buttonholes
- Choose from 2 different one-step buttonhole styles. Buttonhole sewing is a one-step simple process with reliable results. Each side of the buttonhole is sewn in the same direction, creating beautifully balanced buttonholes.
- Built-In Stretch Stitches
- Specially designed stitches add strength and flexibility to seams. This is useful when sewing knitwear and super-stretch fabrics.
- Adjustable Stitch Length
- Optimal settings for length are automatically set when choosing a stitch. The setting can be changed as needed for your project.
- Adjustable Stitch Width
- Optimal settings for width are automatically set when choosing a stitch. The settubgy can be changed as needed for your project.
- Center Zigzag Taper
- When tapering with the zigzag stitch, the stitch tapers to the center, not the left or right. This provides a more attractive look when tapering into or out from a point.
- Stitch Locking Function
- Tie-off decorative stitches with just a push of a button. Reinforcing the end of the stitch ensures quality stitching and avoids raveling.
- Automatic Reverse
- Push the Automatic Reverse Button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- 7mm Stitch Width
- Most stitches can be set to a maximum width of 7mm. Wide stitches are bolder when sewing decorative stitches or satin stitches.
- Twin Needle Sewing
- Two rows can be sewn at the same time by using a twin needle and reducing the stitch width. Create pintucks and more with twin needle sewing.
- 13 Needle Positions
- The needle position can be changed for individual projects, such as topstitching or inserting zippers and cording.
- Sewing Speed
- Projects can be sewn quickly with a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches per minute.
- Automatic Tension
- Auto tension ensures stable stitch quality no matter what type of fabric is used.
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- The pressure exerted on the fabric by the presser foot against the feed dogs is automatic. Sew the lightest weight tricots to heavy denim without making presser foot adjustments.
- Top Loading Jam-Proof Bobbin System with Clear Cover
- The Jam Proof Bobbin System has a magnet-type vertical axis rotating hook. This hook ensures smooth and quiet, jam-resistant sewing. The bobbin case floats above the hook to preclude thread jams. The bobbin loads from the top, so it is easy to insert the bobbin. The clear cover makes it easy to check the bobbin thread supply.
- Automatic Bobbin Winding Clutch
- The needle bar automatically disengages when bobbin winding. Bobbin winding is safer as a result.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- The presser foot lifter has two height settings. The second height offers more clearance. This is needed when placing many layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot.
- 6-Segment Feeding System
- The Six Segment Feeding System is a specially designed feed dog. It ensures the fabric is picked up and supported from the front of the presser foot to the rear. Fabric feed is much more accurate.
- Box Feed
- Box feed is a feed dog motion that moves the feed dogs in a box motion, instead of the usual arc motion. Box motion assures perfect feeding throughout the entire feed process. This is because the feed dogs are always in perfect and equal contact with the fabric and presser foot.
- Aluminum Frame
- The aluminum frame is tghe internal skeleton of the sewing machine. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment. This makes for perfect, skip-free sewing.
- Direct Drive
- The needle bar is geared straight from the motor, rather than from a drive bar across the machine. This makes the machine more powerful and durable.
- Electronic Stitch Formation
- All stepper motors are electronically controlled. Digital electronic control of the stepper motors makes perfectly formed patterns every time.
- Optimum Power Control
- This is a Singer control system that senses the need for extra power to maintain speed through thick or changing fabric conditions. This feature is most useful when sewing through many (6-8) layers of fabric.
- DC Motor
- The DC motor provides instant start up and stop with no casting. The makes for accurate and precise stitch placement.
- Electronic Foot Controller
- The electronic foot controller guarantees consistent sewing speed with no jump starts.
- Snap-On Presser Feet
- Change from one to another with ease due to the Snap-On feet. There is no need for screwdrivers to change presser feet.
- On Board Storage
- Storage of accessories in the closed lid Conversion Table Accessory Storage area means accessories are always handy.
- Portable and Cabinet Mountable
- The machine has a built-in carry handle. It is easy to transport the machine. It can also be mounted into a cabinet.
- Free Arm
- The free arm provides professional results and easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Thread Cutter
- The thread cutter is located for precise thread cutting. No need to cut the thread with scissors.
Serviced - Professionally Serviced, Cleaned, Oiled. Stitches Checked, Balance and Tension Checked. All accessories checked to ensure good working order.
This Machine includes:
- power cord
- presser foot
- Sewing Tray
- 2 Spool Caps
- 6 Feet
- 1 Bobbin
- SALES ARE FINAL, DESCRIPTIONS AND INCLUDES ARE CLEAR.
- Shipping Includes Insurance/Tracking/Signature Confirmation